Xbox 360 Elite or How I stopped hating the PS3 & learned

Computer games, roleplaying games, card games, awkward sex games with your cousin Pete down by the lake on your 8th birthday.
theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Xbox 360 Elite or How I stopped hating the PS3 & learned

Post by theonetheonly »

So the new Elite SKU for the Xbox 360 has been revealed.
Though I congratulate MS for a bigger HDD (120 GB), but WTF?!?!?!?!
USD 479, i might as well better buy a PS3 and get Blu Ray for USD 20 more (granted that is for the 20 GB PS3)

Now for some exposition and history:

Though much has been said on these here forums about how Neil's 360 compared with Marco's PS3, I do not believe that this has been a fair representation. Yes, Neil's broke down, but I have a known a fair number of ppl for whom the 360 worked like a charm (granted, though the PS3 is notorious for it's amazing build quality)
And Marco's PS3 just outclasses Neil's 360 just based on the set-up, no offense, but comparing graphics based on what was seen on a small (sorry Neil) Standard def TV at 480 compared to an awesome, awesome Plasma HD at 1080 is downright ignorant.

For me, instead, the PS3 vs. 360 battle has been one of money and games, The PS3 just cost too much (IMHO) and though I do believe that currently the 360 has better games coming out for it (not fanboy baiting, just my opinion); the increasing advent of 3rd party multiplatform titles means that both consoles will have most games.

What really gets my goat is that MS still hasn't seen the wisdom of a WiFi option built into the 360. Why the fuck not, both the 360 and PS3 are gearing themselves as media centres on top of gaming.
hell, I almost bought a 360 earlier this year so I could stream my torrents onto my TV (via the 360) but the lack of WiFi (or rather the added cost of getting WiFi stopped me)

And another thing, why the fuck is MS trying to force ppl to buy their HDD's, just go the Sony route and allow everything. You assholes!!!! why have you gone again all the trust/faith I put in you.

I take back everything that i said about Sony earlier, about how they have their head up their own asses and feel that customers are idiots and there for the taking (ala Rootkit fiasco), MS has taken that crown instead.
What bugs me is that I really did believe MS had the lead, but Sony just has just come to the party in a big fucking way eg. Free Home, built in Wifi, allowing all HDD's.
Ms needs to do something to combat this, and this new 'Elite' SKU is not it!

Check out this comparison at 1UP,
they compare the 360 and PS3 and what the final cost would be, if you added all the features the other has. Basically, Sony FTW!!!1!
and yes, the guy got the calculation wrong a bit, forgot to add thye 200 for the HD DVD drive for the 360. making the PS3 even more of a deal.

If I had the money, I fear I may be buying the PS3.

Well, once more games come out for it - Mass Effect just looks so sweet, and Shivering Isles just came out for the 360.

:cowboy:

PS. Matt, feel free to post this in the oddblog, edit as you will.

PPS. I was going to post this earlier, but the fucking turkish piece of shit hacked the site. Asshole!
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

i'll need to edit the crazy indian out of it, but otherwise i like :)

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

actually mine was running at 1800x1200 on a 21inch pc monitor ... which is a higher res than 1080i... at 72hz i might add. oblivion looked and ran better on it than mac's pc ... we both agreed.

and actually it was three that broke not one ... once again highlighting that the extremely low cost of the machine can be attributed to terribly low standard of production, I trust that any ps3 will last longer than a year where as i have SERIOUS doubts about the longevity of the 360.

also without the R1000 +- wireless networking adapter the hard drive is useless ...

i find it hard to enjoy anything that has that amount of admin, stress and superfluous cost involved.

having said that i bought the dam thing just to play mass effect, the other games were just bonuses.

just my two cents ...

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

badeesh! wrote:actually mine was running at 1800x1200 on a 21inch pc monitor ... which is a higher res than 1080i... at 72hz i might add. oblivion looked and ran better on it than mac's pc ... we both agreed.
if you can see the difference between 1800x1200 and 1920x1080 then you are a fucking magician, especially on a 21" screen.

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly »

just on the MS vs Sony build quality;
I know Neil had a fucking very hard time with the 360, and reports on the net agree that the 'red ring of death' does happen, but i have known 2 other SA owners with no probs.
And my bro, who bought his 2 months after the US launch, has had no probs.

Kind of like how I have had my PSP die (bricked) on me twice, and have had it replaced twice - and paid for it.
I think both Marco and Neil have had nothing but bliss from that console, individual/anecdotal experiences shouldn't be used to malign a console's build quality.
though on the outset, the PS3 does look to be better built than the 360.

hell, how often did the PS2 break down for people?
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

I have always known the PS3 would kick ass.

How did I know?

I had a PlayStation and it was wonderful.

I have a PS2 and it is wonderful.

I have a PSP and it is wonderful.

On the other hand every product I have ever got from Microsoft has been shit.

Also the 360 can only display 1080, so you were definitely not running at that resolution Neil...
.Matt wrote:you are all so wise. and unspeakably revolting, of course.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

theonetheonly wrote: hell, how often did the PS2 break down for people?
never. i've had one since 2001 that i'm still using, one that i bought in london in 2003 that was exposed to crazy parties, smoke, beer and being shipped from england, and pauline has had hers for years.

all going strong.

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

whatever ...

u guys are being pricks.
Last edited by badeesh! on March 29, 2007, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

then which one was running at 1800?

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

the ass-play begins ...

with microsofts turgid hard drive lubed and ready to strike.

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

I love the PS3 so much. I am constantly aroused all the time now.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

wait...so how is this different to how you were before?

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

While I am aroused I am now thinking of the PS3 instead of your mother.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

well then thank god for the ps3!

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

Amen to that!

Spoke to Neil last night and he says that if you go to games stores you will find loads of people selling their Xbox 360's for dirt cheap so they can buy PS3s.

Sensible people :)

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly »

yup, Europe (and SA included into that) has the most loyal PS3 fanbase.
Pity that Sony keeps treating it like crap - charging the consumers through their fucking nose with their insane mark-up, releasing the console later, taking out the PS2 Emotion chip - but am hoping they learn they lesson from the PS3 launch.

PS.

In fact, just did some more reading up; Europe was Sony's most lucrative market during the PS2 reigns - more so than the US and Japan (individually at least)

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

it's true ...

gamestation has even stopped purchasing new xbox's because they have so many second hand ones to sell ... you can pick one up for 150GBP with a 20gig hd no problem.

these sorts of things are NOT reflected in consumer index's.

fyi my fantasies now include marcos and matt's mom doing strange things with ps3 control's ... keeps me hard for hours.

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

What lesson do you intend them to learn from the launch Shivi? That despite those things you mention the PS3 is now the fastest selling console in history (in Europe)?

Yep. That'll sure teach Sony not to fuck with Europe all right.

Zing!

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

so is there no backward compatibility for ps3 now?

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

of course there is. it's just done through software emulation in the euro ps3, rather than a tiny ps2 inside the ps3, as in the american ps3.

the only games who have a problem with this are those that didn't originally stick to sony's developer guidelines. most of our favourites work perfectly well.

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

phew!!!!

i am certainly picking up a copy of ff12 when i get my ps3 so you had me a little worried back there.

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

And Firmware updates will eventually mean 100% backwards compatibility.

8)

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

sony have also promised a firmware update to upscale dvd's to 1080i!

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

When I think about it I touch myself.