Doom : The Movie

Mainly just 4 boys masturbating over pictures of Johnny Depp.
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B » August 25, 2005, 3:56 pm

i'd like to take this opportunity to direct everyone to my signature.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » August 25, 2005, 3:57 pm

DX

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo » August 25, 2005, 4:02 pm

yes we all know how valid a statement that is. thanks for reminding us matt.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » August 25, 2005, 4:05 pm

Well considering that there are no other things to talk about, even scientific opinion, you are advocating that we don't talk about anything at all.

Fine. Back to talking derisively about homosexuality since I can feel myself becoming enraged now.

:unimpressed:
.Matt wrote:you are all so wise. and unspeakably revolting, of course.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » August 25, 2005, 4:07 pm

Absolutely. My objection to the movie is that they edited the dialogue. Whatever else Douglas Adams may have been - he was not a great novelist. Hell, his plot is not very good, and it has holes so big they defy description.

His sense of humour was remarkable, and his ability to convey his meaning was nothing short of phenominal. But his greatest strength (arguably, I know) was his dialogue. Almost all references to his life have remarked on the blood he sweated to make a single conversation meet his exacting standards.

The movie makers fucked with that. The plot was not the same, but so what - in all sources the plot differs slightly. The characters were off base - which is almost as inexcusable as the dialogue fuck up - did Ford ever look like he wanted to go to a party? - but the most inappropriate thing to do was fuck with his dialogue. Where was the conversation Arthur has with Prosser? What about Ford's explanation on how the world will end in the pub before Arthur runs out to the smoking remains of his house? Where was the dialogue with the Vogon guard that threw them out of the airlock - the "bit of culture" (Beethoven's fifth) that said guard would mention to his aunt?

I could go on - but I'm feeling nauseated ...

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » August 25, 2005, 4:11 pm

MacDaddy wrote:Well considering that there are no other things to talk about, even scientific opinion, you are advocating that we don't talk about anything at all.
i hope you aren't talking to me. i was being sarcastic and supporting the right of everyone to defend their opinions. but hey if you want to hate me you'll just have to get in line ok :pinksad:

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo » August 25, 2005, 4:13 pm

yeah, just to clarify - <sarcasm>yes we all know how valid a statement that is. thanks for reminding us matt.</sarcasm>

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » August 25, 2005, 4:14 pm

jeez rob no one understands us. :sadshake:

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo » August 25, 2005, 4:19 pm

:1tear:

PORL
Penis Fancier

Post by PORL » August 25, 2005, 4:19 pm

didn't read most of the thread because i kept getting distracted, but macdaddy is correct imo. if the marines are just fighting random ass enemies, it's not doom. if they weren't fighting demons etc, it'd be like making another alien sequel (god forbid) without aliens.

if the arguement changed to something else (so what i wrote is irrelevant to the thread now) then sorry XD

otherwise, sup :lashflirt:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » August 25, 2005, 4:32 pm

MacDaddy wrote:
Warren, as usual you make sweeping statements without having any idea of their accuracy or relevance. I have heard the 10 minute shows. I have heard the 30 minute radio shows. I have read the books. I haven't seen the BBC series but heard it was fairly good.

If you have the ten minute sketches then you must own the radio tapes thought to be lost in a BBC fire in the 70's they are probably worth millions of pounds. There are rumoured to be a handful of copies but no one is sure who has them. One would assume Adams' family probably. they have never nor I suspect will they ever be commercially available.
I read transcripts of some of them which belonged to an ex-boyfriend of my mother's. He used to work at the BBC.

That means I was right about you having heard the radio show and read the book. No really presumption.

Did you notice how the radio version differed from the book. Good!

The television show is available on DVD and differs actually fairly dramatically.

Complain about the dialogue (your favourite bit was left out), it was edited badly whatever. Complain about the characters not being acted exactly how you thought they should have been, fine, but you can't lump the radio, television show and books together as some form of generic source. that is all i am complaining about. It's not possible to do so as they contradict themselves and one another. Scenes which appear in one don't necessarily appear in another, the characters are different, some personality traits are different. The list is endless.

In conclusion: There is no general generic source material for HHGTTG. You didn't like the movie because you found the dialogue terrible and the acting worse. you did not, because you could not, find it to be untrue to "THE SOURCE".
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » August 25, 2005, 5:33 pm

MattDaddy wrote:
MacDaddy wrote:Well considering that there are no other things to talk about, even scientific opinion, you are advocating that we don't talk about anything at all.
i hope you aren't talking to me. i was being sarcastic and supporting the right of everyone to defend their opinions. but hey if you want to hate me you'll just have to get in line ok :pinksad:
Oh ok. Didn't pick up on the sarcasm. Should have. Guess I'm just antsy cos you haven't been giving me enough man-love lately.

:confused:

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » August 25, 2005, 5:36 pm

I don't have the ten minute sketches. I heard them when I was a kid. My friend Robert had them on a tape with a whole lotta Goons episodes.

There were only 2 that I remember hearing.

It is possible that they were extracts from the 30 minute shows, but I sorta remember them being different. Heard the 30 minute shows years later after I grew pubes.

Anyway Warren. I don't agree with you. I can't bear to argue anymore.

:unimpressed:

chemicallymark
Gay As Hell

Post by chemicallymark » August 26, 2005, 2:24 am

The movie sucked ass. It was a bad adaptation and the trailer was even worse...DA must be turning in his grave (I'm not talking about the SA political party :lol:)
Rebel Pope wrote:My God Marco you have no idea what you are talking about. I can pretty much guarantee that you have never even heard the original Hitch hikers guide stuff which appeared as ten minute clips on BBC radio between shows.
Warren you can't guarantee statements like this.

We all know how HHGTTG started and ended, whether it be the 30 min radio version or the trilogy in five parts. And so what if each bit differed. The core story was the same.

Point 1: The movie was crappy whereas the book/clips/source material was really good.
Point 2: Both Marco and Warren have valid points.
Point 3: Both MacDaddy and the Rebel Pope will disagree regardless of the topic.

:Veronique:
I will bid farewell, sever the ties.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » August 26, 2005, 8:06 am

Overnight I did some serious thinking (and by that I mean drinking) on the topic and I would like to retract all my statements.

I am now of the opinion that:
All the earlier material (regardless of how it differed) was written by Douglas Adams. The new stuff was not. Therefore the earlier material can all be lumped together as source material. I would like to apologise for being obtuse.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » August 26, 2005, 8:59 am

i'd like to thank everyone who posted in this thread for being awesome, and if you come up to me in real life i promise to buy you a drink of your choice for that.

p.s. :Veronique:

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » August 26, 2005, 9:12 am

whisky. on the rocks. preferably something horrifically expensive - like a rare 25 year old Glenmorangie or somethin. 8)

oh, and from now on: :Veronique:

Edit: I spell like a right prat ...

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » August 26, 2005, 9:34 am

Rebel Pope wrote:Overnight I did some serious thinking (and by that I mean drinking) on the topic and I would like to retract all my statements.

I am now of the opinion that:
All the earlier material (regardless of how it differed) was written by Douglas Adams. The new stuff was not. Therefore the earlier material can all be lumped together as source material. I would like to apologise for being obtuse.
I now totally agree with Warren, and getting him to change his mind was no easy task. My lips are all chapped from the amount of head I had to give him.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » August 26, 2005, 9:37 am

I am posting so i can claim a free drink from matt. :Veronique:
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » August 26, 2005, 9:38 am

jesus this thread will ruin me :Veronique:

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » August 26, 2005, 9:46 am

If we post more do we get more drinks? :Veronique:

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » August 26, 2005, 11:04 am

no.

chemicallymark
Gay As Hell

Post by chemicallymark » August 26, 2005, 11:05 am

chemicallymark wrote:Point 3: Both MacDaddy and the Rebel Pope will disagree regardless of the topic.
I too was wrong. They have agreed after much head giving.

Nice one!

Matt I'll have a double whipskey. Thanks!

PS :Veronique:
PS2 Best emoticon ever! :Veronique:

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » August 26, 2005, 11:29 am

chemicallymark wrote:PS2 Best emoticon ever! :Veronique:
:Veronique: It'll be even better if I ever get the energy to photoshop a great big cock in her mouth.

:shy:

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » August 26, 2005, 11:44 am

:shh:

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » August 26, 2005, 11:44 am

Damn me - looking at this hungry chick, with her mouth open - just begging me for it ... Fuck I'm getting all hot and sweaty. And sticky.

I could do with that drink now ...

And now I'm getting even more exciting thinking about MacDaddy and RebelPope getting it on ... ohhhhhh chriiissstttt ... aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:sigh:

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » August 26, 2005, 11:56 am

MacDaddy wrote:
chemicallymark wrote:PS2 Best emoticon ever! :Veronique:
:Veronique: It'll be even better if I ever get the energy to photoshop a great big cock in her mouth.

:shy:
I tried it is too difficult to fit my cock into her mouth. Even in photoshop.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

chemicallymark
Gay As Hell

Post by chemicallymark » August 26, 2005, 4:45 pm

MacDaddy wrote: :Veronique: It'll be even better if I ever get the energy to photoshop a great big cock in her mouth.
It would have to be a black cock though else it would be unrealistic :shh:

girltron
Fag

Post by girltron » August 26, 2005, 7:01 pm

chemicallymark wrote:
MacDaddy wrote: :Veronique: It'll be even better if I ever get the energy to photoshop a great big cock in her mouth.

Might I suggest the huge black cock of Mos Def (AKA Ford Prefect from the HHGttG movie)?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

PORL
Penis Fancier

Post by PORL » August 27, 2005, 12:54 pm

girltron wrote:
chemicallymark wrote:

Might I suggest the huge black cock of Mos Def (AKA Ford Prefect from the HHGttG movie)?
no interracial is forbidden

also: chemicallymarks avatar is fucking ACE