Podcasts

I don't care if the Wii is both fun and stimulating, I hope you die by being crucified upside down and set alight.
Ceek
Anal Investigator

Podcasts

Post by Ceek »

Someone explain this to me please. I am hoping for Shivi but will take anyone's knowledge on this as my cup is empty.

They seem to be shows that you can download or get sent straight to itunes for free?

I feel like i am missing out on something here!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

sorry, can't help you with itunes.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

But shouldn't we be doing like a monthly Oddville podcast? I really want to start doing weekly rugby podcasts (during rugby season).

I have read wiki's stuff on podcasting but still don't think i get it....
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

well, if you record the audio i'll build the podcast for you. it's a simple xml feed.

also, i'm not sure how you're gonna find the time to do a podcast when you can't even do the blog anymore, but i'm still keen for it.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

2 entries this month ;). But i hear what you are saying. I was hoping we could do it together? Like instead of me doing EVERYTHING?

Like if we were friends and were commenting on the past week on oddville. Or the past month? But who would listen? Hopefully more people than go to the blog. I think 1 person went to the blog. But they posted on my telkom upgrading for free post which incidentally they haven't done. I must phone them again.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

yeah we could do it together. do you have a way to record audio? we could review the best topics of the month or how badly the springbok selectors need to die. unscripted of course.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I read the blog every week even though I hate rugby. That is all...
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly »

'k,
podcasts : basically radio shows, mostly talk, that you get off the net via an RSS feed (the RSS bit seems to be key in the whole podcast thing). iTunes has one built in. Most podcasts are free but some/few demand a payment (the most prominent one I can think of is one by Ricky Gervais - of The Office fame)

The type of audio file varies and so does quailty of the podcasts themselves, 'cuz really any tom, dick or sipho can make one using shitty mikes.

So you get these shows either daily, weekly or monthly that cover any and all topics. They maybe shows on tech (This Week in Tech), Gaming (1up Yours, GFW podcast, PC Gamer podcast), hunourous (Distorted View, Never Not Funny) or on science topics (Science Friday, Point of Inquiry)
If you are a BSG fan, you'll want to check out Ronald D Moore's (exec producers) podcast - basically an audio commentary of each episode as it comes out.

Personally, am hooked on podcasts. Rarely listen to music anymore, have about 15-20 that i download regularly (or that get downloaded regularly) and listen to them while driving, gyming, masturbating.

That is all.
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly »

obviously there are other ones as well, covering sports, celebrity shit, movies, books, Harry Potter. You name it and it exists.

also, I really should have used the edit button and added it to the previous post.
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

wait a minute i'm sure we all know what a podcast is dude

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Re: Podcasts

Post by theonetheonly »

Ceek wrote:Someone explain this to me please.

They seem to be shows that you can download or get sent straight to itunes for free?

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly »

Ceek wrote:
I have read wiki's stuff on podcasting but still don't think i get it....
I humbly rest my case.

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly »

Alternatively, Ceek is a dumbass.
Tho I hear Chris is pretty sharp.

OMG!!!! triple post!

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

:1tear: