Out of Range Error

I don't care if the Wii is both fun and stimulating, I hope you die by being crucified upside down and set alight.
Mitch
Penis Fancier

Out of Range Error

Post by Mitch »

Dear Forum,

I have a Geforce 6100 and am trying to play Vampire Bloodlines. I got the following error :

Out of Range Error
V 165 H 140

I messed around with refresh rates and resolution with no joy. Turned the computer on the next day and it worked straight away and have had many days of gaming bliss. Turned the computer off directly on Monday Night and THE ERROR CAME BACK YESTERDAY. Tried a million things before giving up.

- Distraught Gamer, JHB

Any ideas?? Thought it may be my geforce driver so I am downloading an update.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

i had that error with my 5700 and i solved it by enabling vertical sync and keeping my refresh rates below 70.

also you could have a fucking shit monitor - try downloading drivers for it.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

many thanks - should I still install the new Geforce driver or is that risky?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I always think the new drivers are better, some disagree. Just install and then you can always put the old ones back on again.

Otherwise, try formatiing you HDD that always fixes my problems. ;)
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Thanks Chris - please send me step by step instructions on formatting HDD's while I KICK YOUR ASS

:unimpressed:

tetrahc
Penis Fancier

Post by tetrahc »

sounds to me as if your card's horizontal and or vertical scanning frequencies are beyond what your monitor can handle. iow your card is trying to maintain a refresh rate that 's too fast for your monitor.

It's a bit of a strange error to be getting tho, your monitor should automatically tell your OS what sync ranges it can handle, and the OS should ensure that the graphics card stays within those ranges.

I can think of three possible causes for your problem:
1) You tried to manually coerce the graphics card to maintain a refresh rate that's too fast for your monitor.
2) As .matt suggested, you might have a shitty monitor, or need new drivers for your monitor.
3) There's some miscommunication between your OS and the graphics card, and you need new Geforce drivers.

Anyway, I suggest you make sure that your monitor and Geforce drivers are up to date. Then pick up your monitor's manual and have a look in the technical specs. somewhere in there will be an indication of the horizontal and vertical sync ranges or scanning frequencies or something similar, that the monitor is capable of. Next check your graphics card configuration, somewhere in there should you should be able to specify the monitor's sync ranges, make sure that the values there are the same as given in the monitor's manual (setting values beyond what the monitor can handle can result in serious damage to your monitor).

If that doesn't solve the problem, you should perhaps think of getting a new monitor (or a new OS perhaps).
You're traveling through another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

:worship:

It sounds like serious damage to my monitor is exactly what I need so I'm forced to get a new one. Anyway it's a Mecer monitor and it's still under warranty so exploding it may work well...

tetrahc
Penis Fancier

Post by tetrahc »

Just found this: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software ... 38905.html

They give the same solution as I did above, but in a bit more detail, and they seem to actually know how to do these things in windoze...
You're traveling through another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Thanks Hein

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

i get that bug all the time, you need to follow bash your monitor really hard with a clenched fist and then follow chris's advice and re-install windows.

see http://www.msdn.com for more details

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

quality bump :sadshake:

badeesh!
Fag

Post by badeesh! »

i know sigh

that's what happens when you're craving some interaction with ur friends though.

:1tear:

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Well since this seems to be a popular topic I thought I would let you all know that formatting c: did not work.

I actually followed Hein's advice and bought a nice expensive flat screen monitor to replace the crappy Mecer one I owned.

Problem sorted, now I just have to reinstall all my software and try convince auditors that they don't need to see my files....