Has the US gone even more nuts?

Man-love over boy-sex? Semen better than Astroglide? Your mother's naked body more horrifying than a 747 full of infants exploding in mid-air and the debris raining down through razor sharp mesh wire? Discuss it here!
Michelle
Penis Fancier

Has the US gone even more nuts?

Post by Michelle » April 21, 2006, 10:14 am

Do you guys think they could head for another Great Depression? Their war costs have reached almost $ 100 billion. 37 000 000 unemployed citizens and a growing threat of war.

Well at least our economies getting better.

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » April 21, 2006, 10:39 am

i don't care. i hope they all die. not really though

fuck it, like our opnions make ANY difference?
you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking

Michelle
Penis Fancier

Post by Michelle » April 21, 2006, 12:16 pm

Our opinions do count, we trade with the US, the world does. Them staying out of shit is vital to a potential ripple effect of trouble for world trade

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » April 21, 2006, 12:28 pm

yeah i've been to enough anti war protests to know that they don't give a fuck what we think
you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking

Michelle
Penis Fancier

Post by Michelle » April 21, 2006, 1:56 pm

They should be using us as an example. We're not perfect, but at least we feel sad when someone dies

girltron
Fag

Post by girltron » April 21, 2006, 3:05 pm

Please don't classify all Americans together.

I personally find this situation apalling. But, much like Lexy said: it's been demonstrated that the opinion of the world and of the average American citizen simply does not matter. Once a war machine is set in motion, it rarely will stop with out catostrophic results.

Wanna get scared? Read this:
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/a ... 417fa_fact

I'm actually surprised that was printed. The ammount of media control that goes on in the US is rival to 1930's Germany.
I'm sure all of you know what's going on in the Gaza strip...that people are STARVING TO DEATH because Isreal has shut down the only three entry points to the region. No convoys of food or supplies have gotten into the region for nearly a year. US support of Isreal is guaranteed with out question.
This is THE lynchpin of Muslim hatred toward the US. More so than anything happening in Iraq or Iran.
But there is NO American news coverage of this development. NONE. I looked. I found this info on a foreign site after hearing a political commentator VERY BREIFLY argue the morality of seige tactics in warfare.

And Michelle: to say that the US should take a page from SA's book is ludicrous. Never has SA been in the global position of the US. Never has SA experienced the same set of problems in war, in society, in trade.

It would be like going backwards. All we can do is hope that come 2008, a new, more reasonable administration will take office and try to make progress towards cleaning up this mess.

I'd like to point out my sig. \/
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Michelle
Penis Fancier

Post by Michelle » April 21, 2006, 3:16 pm

Ok, I apologise for generalising. It was not my intention. There are many American's i am fond of and that is why i care. I have family there, i have friends there, many great world people, are there.

And Michelle: to say that the US should take a page from SA's book is ludicrous. Never has SA been in the global position of the US. Never has SA experienced the same set of problems in war, in society, in trade. - girltron

Yes we have had wars, between English and Afrikaans, tribal and Engish, Afrikaans and tribal. We've had them and have fallen. Trade - sure, we have not had trade like the US, but we've had our fair amount of troubles. We were in WW2, before the US and we've accomplished a bit.

Yet again, i apologise if i insulted you

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B » April 21, 2006, 3:25 pm

girltron wrote:Please don't classify all Americans together.
agreed.
girltron wrote:Once a war machine is set in motion, it rarely will stop with out catostrophic results.
agreed.
girltron wrote:The ammount of media control that goes on in the US is rival to 1930's Germany.
agreed.
girltron wrote:And Michelle: to say that the US should take a page from SA's book is ludicrous. Never has SA been in the global position of the US. Never has SA experienced the same set of problems in war, in society, in trade.

agreed.

i'm hesitant to say it was a great post just because i agreed with everythin in it, but - great post.

girltron
Fag

Post by girltron » April 21, 2006, 3:26 pm

No insult taken. I just felt that your reasoning was faulty.
If we could take a page from ANYONE's book, it would be a good thing. But when a country is the leading world power, with little or no checks and balances (the UN is a pawn), it just doesn't make sense for them to follow anyone else's blueprint.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » April 24, 2006, 6:28 pm

Please insert your own version of the most insulting thing i could possibly say about the topic and general content of the South African contingent of this thread. Be generous, use as many explatives as you can and spell it incorrectly.

Girltron - I appologise on behalf of the ignorant!!

ps. is this a bad time to bring up rape?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.