Violent Femmes 5th November

Upcoming events. If you don't know how to post here, ask a mod. They probably won't know either, which is why this whole thing is a total mess and I don't know why I still try, I really don't.
Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Violent Femmes 5th November

Post by Paelleon » September 13, 2005, 4:36 pm

Actually they also play on the 4th - but I'm going on the 5th to watch FuziGish opening the act for them.

At the Dome

Who else remembers this band fondly? Bit old, and folksy - but some classics.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B » September 14, 2005, 8:54 am

i heard about this on the radio the other day. isn't it part of some extreme sports show or something?

either way, violent femmes are tight.

tetrahc
Penis Fancier

Post by tetrahc » September 14, 2005, 11:21 am

listening to violent femmes right now.
they're quite a good band, will certainly make an effort to go see them!
You're traveling through another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » September 14, 2005, 3:05 pm

I want to see them. post a link or something. how do i buy tickets???
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » September 14, 2005, 3:26 pm

Try this link

Computicket doesn't explicitly mention the femmes concert, because it is part of the whole LG expo thingy. Not sure how to get the tickets online - maybe I'll phone them and ask ...[/url]

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » September 14, 2005, 3:40 pm

one of the female 5fm dj's has got ticket details on her dj page. i just wish i could remember which one. :confused:

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » September 14, 2005, 3:46 pm

During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » September 14, 2005, 3:50 pm

okay that link doesn't take you straight here but search for violent femmes in the search box.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » September 14, 2005, 4:02 pm

Yeah i booked my ticket and i will be there. :D

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » September 14, 2005, 9:03 pm

i am so there!!!

this band is in like my top ten of all time

am so excited

alex i saw you on the VF forum!!!!!

posted in your thread
you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » September 15, 2005, 9:06 am

oh so now you're luring alex away to other forums too eh well fuck you bitch

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » September 15, 2005, 9:18 am

Calm down Matt ... I'm big enough for both of you. :flirt:

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » September 15, 2005, 10:00 am

dude, matt, he was there first. i only joined last night

that's not my 'other' message board ;)

i'm going to try go both nights

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » September 15, 2005, 11:38 am

@Ceek: Which day have you booked for?

@lexy: if you have booked already; for which day?

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » September 15, 2005, 2:25 pm

friday

i go my ticket today :D

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » September 15, 2005, 2:25 pm

doh saturday

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » September 15, 2005, 2:27 pm

not friday

but i think i'm gonna do both

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » September 15, 2005, 3:25 pm

I am going on friday i have already booked and paid. :) also i like to chill an saturdays- not that i ever actually get to but i am pretty sure they won't give a fuck about the saturday show ;)

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » September 16, 2005, 7:58 am

i doubt that's true, they're only doing two shows, why would they notcare about the second one???

and by all accounts the second REM show was better than the first

i dunno

like i said, if they still have tickets i'm going to both

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » September 16, 2005, 8:52 am

Sorry lexy i should have referenced it <joke> </joke>

idiot.

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » September 29, 2005, 1:23 pm

well i've got tickets to both, will def see you all there. that is if you manage to get front row

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » November 6, 2005, 1:47 pm

So I'm sitting here with an aching head and a joyous heart. I can't talk, my throat is sore, and my ears are ringing. Last night i saw the violent femmes, and it was the funnest. this band is so cool. i saw them the night before too, and they were worth every cent of my money. i would have paid four times what i paid, they were so tight and they had their shit together, and you can't fuck the violent femmes, you cannot fuck with this band! On the friday night, we arrived late because we got lost on the way to the dome, hey, i'm from the east don't judge me. I went with these awesome girls we camped with at Oppikoppi. It was such a surreal drive, on the left was this awesome golden sunset that took up almost the entire horizon and was blinding us, and on the right was this beautiful rainbow. In the direction we were driving, a storm was still raginig, we were driving into thunder and Matt, with this beautiful fucking glow around us. we were drinking quarts of brutal fruit (it was a tactical move, i don't actually like the stuff) andd feeling good. So when we arrived at the dome, they wanted to stay in the car and drink, i was like 'um i'lll see you inside!' and i practically ran to the back of the queue. which was really really long. but it didn't take too much time to get in, the line was moving really quickly. i got inside and jostled my way past drunk 15 year old boys in Fokofpolisiekar T-Shirts to a sweet spot up against the railing, centre front. had to sit through Fokof and The Narrow, who are both very good bands, but to be honest they could have been anybody. when the femmes finally came on stage, i realised i didn't even know what this band looked like. As James said, 'that's because it was always about the music, man!' I've never seen any of their videos, or any live footage. So they were these three old guys. Gordon Gano is short, tubby with gelled back hair and glasses, and Brian Ritchie is this giant of a man, huge with this long hair and big orange glasses and huge acoustic bass guitar, and Victor De Lorenzo, like this balding monkey drummer jumping around on stage, i fucking loved him! I fucking loved all of them! I was standing right in front, all by myself, withy 36-24-36 written on my arm. Having the best time ever, jumping up and down and singing and just dancing my little heart out. They played all my songs, except 36-24-36. they seemed so sruprised that there were so many people in south africa who loved their music. they sold out the dome twice! Christina Aguilera is doing a show at the Dome next weekend. Her concert hasn't sold out yet. that's why i love south africa! The friday night show was just about me and the music, i was by myself and having so much fun. I only found my friends after the show. There was no macho posturing, it was pure rock and roll, the way your parents used to do it. You can tell when you're watching a good band they came here to rock and roll and that's what they did. No bullshit. When Big Willie from Fuzigish and Ampie Omo from Boo! (OMG) came on stage to play trombone, i mean how cool is that? and the saxophone player was Steve MacKay from Iggy Pop and The Stooges!! One thing i was wondering was okay will they play Black Girls, and they did. they also got the five local dudes playing bongo drums. Sweet. Fuck, I met Angie and Lolo and Luke in Mellville, we went to Tarquino, got some Pizza and ate it in bed. Saturday, I was in this awesome Limbo of, Oh My God I Saw The Violent Femmes Oh My God I'm Seeing The Violent Femmes Tonight. It was such a cool feeling. So this time i made a sign saying 'PLEASE PLAY 36-24-26 PLEASE.' Lauren came to fetch me, you know Lauren, from Wits. On the way there we had to turn back, because i left my ticket at Angie's house. It was so much fun, because Lauren loves the femmes so much too, we had the radio on loud and we were singing and eating ice cream. When we got there we wondered around the parking lot with our ice creams and beers, talking to Random People. We got in the queue,and when there was a crack of thunder i guess they decided to start letting people in, because everrybody started running and next thing i know, we're all right at the door. That's when i check my handbag for my ticket, and i'd left it in the car. So i was all the way at the front of the queue and i had to go back and get my ticket. So i did, i ran there, and i ran back. and i jumped the queue too, i'm such a bitch. So i lost Lauren, but I ran into some other friends, and we drank some wine and talked shit. The Parlotones were the first support act, and they were so average it hurt. I found James and we went to the bar and bought too many beers, except we didn't buy them cos he didn't pay. Saturday Night was so awesome, just because I was with people who loved the band as much as me, and who were just as excited to see them as I was, which was kinda refreshing, because none of my posse were really interested, and nobody was that excited for me, ha ha. So Fuzigish were on next, and they were awesome. We skanked around and had the funnest time! It was so cool to see that Ampie Omo was now playing with Fuzi! I love that guy, it's so cool to see him back on stage again. The Femmes opened with Country Death Song. It's such a mind fuck listening to thousands of people singing this song that you thought only you and like 4 other people knew. It seemed like saturday night was when all the Crusties and Old Dudes came, i loved it. Friday was full of drunk kids. i forgot my sign at Angie's but that's okay because the second song they played was 36-24-36. I swear i nearly pissed myself. It was beautiful. we made our way further forward, got in some moshpits, danced and sang, there are just so many songs and they were just so fucking tight. it was so hot in the dome, and humid, practically nobody was wearing a shirt. i had my white vest on. It was just this beautiful sweaty love fest. I had such a good time, and I could tell tha rest of the crowd were feeling it, and the band were too. They appeared to be amazed that there so many kids who wanted to hear them play. it's weird: the Violent Femmes and Rodriguez. For some reason we love them here, it's like the hoff, in Germany. when the show was over, (they ended with kiss off both nights) I'd lost James and the other bitches due an unfortunate crowd surfing incident, but i found lauren and we went to the parking lot and listened to Add It Up all the way home. What a fucking feeling man! i met up with angie and Lolo again, and we went to Tokyo then TranceSky where i fell asleep on the couch. Angie cooked me a sweet wrap when we got home, and i had the best nights sleep. I wanted to die when i woke up, but the sleep was good. If you read all of this, thank you, because i had the best time. singing vioelnt femmes songs with your arms around someone who UNDERSTANDS, is such an awesome feeling. it's okay if you don't like the violent femmes, there's enough of us here who do. Goddamn, I said Goddamn!

well anyway that's how it was for me

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » November 7, 2005, 8:26 am

tldr christ buy some paragraphs lexy

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » November 7, 2005, 2:30 pm

Agreed - some paragraphs would be nice.

But she's right - I was there on the Saturday, and Fuzigish rocked, and the Femmes even more so.

She doesn't mention that the set lasted from 9 to 11.30 - now that's a fucking set.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » November 7, 2005, 3:12 pm

that is, indeed, a fucking set. the longest we've played before has been an hour, and let me tell you it takes fucking serious stamina to play any longer.

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! » November 7, 2005, 7:43 pm

:lolly:

i love that band. was it 2 hours? i didn't notice, it felt like 20 minutes

if you missed it, wow, you suck

funny, they asked for paragraphs on my other message board too

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » November 8, 2005, 8:23 am

next time you cross-post like this i swear i will ban you slut

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb » November 8, 2005, 9:22 am

nice one chris i thought you were too busy to do anything this weekend ... :gentleman:

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff » November 8, 2005, 12:15 pm

two of my friends went to the saturday show....they say it was awesome...i could have gotten a free ticket but i had no-one to go with :(
I'd Fuck Me!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » November 9, 2005, 11:33 am

Violent femems was part of the reason i was tooo busy. Sorry Neilsh. I bought the tickets before my exam date was even set but couldn't miss the femems. ALthough i was temtped...

Wish i had tim eto read alex's post!!