Free comedy for oddville devotees

Upcoming events. If you don't know how to post here, ask a mod. They probably won't know either, which is why this whole thing is a total mess and I don't know why I still try, I really don't.
kirst
Fag

Free comedy for oddville devotees

Post by kirst »

Whacked Management presents "Whack Jobs"
Mon 7 November 2005; 20:00: Tesson Theatre

Whacked has been busy: no longer are they prepared to let the die-hards of comedy get away with the same old material. Under the mentorship of South African comedy icon, John Vlismas, new talent has been found and is being developed.

This is your chance to see the country’s newest comedy talent and have a good roll in the aisles over their forthright and funky humour. John Vlismas will host a groundbreaking evening showcasing 8 unbelievably fresh, hot, talented comedians who are blazing their way into Jo’burg life! And what’s more, not only are these the best new comics the country has to offer, 50% of them are female!

Tickets are R 50 at Computicket, unless you PM me - then I can set you up with some comps. We're filming the evening, so I want a full audience of comedy fans. You need to contact me by 13:00 this Friday, otherwise I can't help you.

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! »

where is the tesson theatre?
you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Ah man Kirst the 7th. definately can't make the 7th. I told you you should have it after the 8th didn't i? Suppose i didn't. Oh well let me know when teh (TEH? DID I JUST SPELL "THE" INCORRECTLY? HOW STUPID AM I???) next one happens!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

kirst
Fag

Post by kirst »

It's the smaller venue at the Civic Theatre in Jo'burg. They have a News Cafe there as well, so pre-show/post-show drinks are plentiful.

kirst
Fag

Post by kirst »

Sorry Chris, sillly me - I'll just put the comedy industry on hold until you have a free moment. Would you like me to circulate that memo to industry people in London too, or are you content to let them get on with it? :cowboy:

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

No i would prefer it if they all stopped. I sent out a memo myself but my uselss secretary probably fluffed it. Damn black empowerment....

Guess i will just have to content myself with LOL on wednesday nights??
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

i'll check with my significant other - this sounds hot.

kirst
Fag

Post by kirst »

Ceek wrote:Guess i will just have to content myself with LOL on wednesday nights??
Wayvinne Dawson, Judy Jake & Etienne Shardlow (the 3 LOL finalists) are part of the showcase. And this time they aren't being sanitised for M-Net prime time.

Come to the show, guys - it's going to be great. :gentleman:

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

And they aren't being limited to 1 minute each i hope!!

kirst
Fag

Post by kirst »

No, of course not - don't be daft!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

LOL gives them 1 minute each to impress the women from benoni that are sitting in the crovd. The crowd don't catch anything except fart jokes. I feel sorry for the guys (and girls) actually cos it must be hard to be funny in the LOL context. On the one hand you aren't really competing with comedy gold so i suppose that is a relief but on the other hand your crowd sucks so i wonder...

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i think it's time for a new avatar chris ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Well the avatar is actually the subject of a chess challange which is on-going.... see viewtopic.php?t=2259 for details.

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff »

if by significant other you mean, another person who you are currently engaged in sexual activities with? then, i wish.
I'd Fuck Me!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Okay cliff?!?

Kirst i really hope your people are better than they were last night. I really don't think any of them deserve the massive plasma screen that one of them is going to win! If i had known that this was the way things were going to go i wolud have entered and told knock knock jokes and probably won. Wayvinne was a tiny bit funny.

On the plus side they did plug Kirsten Whitworth and Whacked management, so that must be good for business!!