Upcoming Changes

HALP PLAESE ODDVILLE IS DYING TRANSFER 50 DOLLARS INTO MY PAUYPAL ACCOUNT PLZ THX!! GOD BLES
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Upcoming Changes

Post by Tenacious B » July 22, 2005, 2:18 pm

hello internet denizens and other people who don't know what denizens means,

there are a couple of changes coming up that everyone needs to be kept in the loop about, but i'll be official about it and use a motherfucking list OH YEAH
  1. Forum Structure
    Moderators
fuck what a list am i rite guys

NUMBER UNo

ok so number one on that list is FORUM STRUCTURE. basically i want to cut down the number of forums, for two reasons, mainly that more forums dilutes the content and also in the upcoming (IF IT EVER FUCKING ARRIVES) version of the forum software you can make subcategories.

so there will be 4 (four) official sections, namely official stuff, cool stuff, crap stuff, and mech shrub. as for particulars, i'll be joining content and random (seeing as how content is empty), join chris' anus and michelle's palace, remove the ugly (or at least, make it an archive), chess and dnd into games, and COMPUTER games into media.

moderatores

i'm taking away all admin and mod priviliges, which shouldn't disturb anyone since they don't use them anyway (except porl :lashflirt:).

however, i do need some help running this shit so i need nominations for new mods, especially in these areas:

chris' anus
random
mech shrub

noms need to be made based on time per day spent on oddville, willingness to not suck, reasonable impartiality, and coolness.

nominations have to be accepted, and once a nomination is made i will post the relevent stats about them to help the voting process.

noms end on wednesday, then voting will end on friday.

whoever is picked as moderators will be included in the new banning process, help with site suggestions and need to enforce the motherfucking LAW around here ok. :giggle:

El Pointeras

i had an idea about the points system, but it sucked and then i forgot it anyway so i am removing points for now. they will be back once someone tells me how to fucking use them properly to encourage good and frequent posting.

Atmospheras

things seem a little bit more chilled on oddville the last couple of days, which is good. however, keep your head about you and try not to be a dick to people. i'm trying too, before you say anything :gonk:

if things turn drastic, i'm going to appoint someone (probably marco) to start throwing his banhammer around and stop people going OT or being dicks.

ok, i need comments here. anyone who doesn't comment here doesn't get to complain when something doesn't end up the way they want it.[/list]

KGH
Gay As Hell

Post by KGH » July 22, 2005, 2:32 pm

I want to anti-nominate PORL as a moderator.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 22, 2005, 2:40 pm

ok that's one nomination for porl as admin

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff » July 22, 2005, 3:36 pm

i demand more nakedness of females....and more females on the site. Preferably naked females on the site who we can easily meet.

and an oddville party.
I'd Fuck Me!

PORL
Penis Fancier

Post by PORL » July 22, 2005, 3:42 pm

i want to anti-nominate KGH as a member

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 22, 2005, 3:52 pm

ok that's one nomination for kevin as admin

KGH
Gay As Hell

Post by KGH » July 22, 2005, 3:54 pm

:rock:

KGH
Gay As Hell

Post by KGH » July 22, 2005, 3:56 pm

And now that I have used Harris' favourite icon... where is he these days? Back in SA yet? I heard his gf (if they still dating) is.

KGH
Gay As Hell

Post by KGH » July 22, 2005, 4:02 pm

Look who me is now!!!

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb » July 22, 2005, 4:02 pm

dam , margaret thatcher is hot ...

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » July 22, 2005, 5:32 pm

I am very firmly against censorship of posting in anyway. Maybe we can confine rage to one thread or category but there must be an outlet for it. Without derision of each other oddville wouldn't be the place it is now, and derision is likely to cause some tension, some of the time.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 26, 2005, 9:12 am

ok well i'm bumping this seeing as how nominations close tomorrow and nothing has been done.

what this means is that i will just pick someone (probably porl) to admin and leave it at that.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » July 26, 2005, 9:40 am

If you take away my privledges i will never use oddville again.

I don't like the new structure it lacks functionality and probably won't work it chess.

I don't like PORL and think he is a fuck.

I think we should be allowed to way what we want when we want to.

Oddville was not worknig for me nearly the whloe of last week. I blame either Telkom or the people who host oddville.

I especially don't like joining Chris' anus and MPOHS.

I am sure my opinions will be ignored.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » July 26, 2005, 9:45 am

I nominate CeeK :blahblah:
.Matt wrote:you are all so wise. and unspeakably revolting, of course.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 26, 2005, 10:01 am

Ceek wrote: I am sure my opinions will be ignored.
one nomination for chris.

but he is correct about me ignoring his opinions :D

PORL
Penis Fancier

Post by PORL » July 26, 2005, 1:20 pm

Ceek wrote:If you take away my privledges i will never use oddville again.
poor baby :C
Ceek wrote:I don't like PORL and think he is a fuck.
i think what you mean is 'i don't know porl at all but one time he posted on an internet forum and i didn't like it so i better base all my opinions on that'. i could be wrong though :)
Ceek wrote:Oddville was not worknig for me nearly the whloe of last week. I blame either Telkom or the people who host oddville.
it has been running slowly for me on several occasions, but only stopped working completely on a couple.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 26, 2005, 1:26 pm

PORL wrote: it has been running slowly for me on several occasions, but only stopped working completely on a couple.
that's quite bad. i was certain it was our service provider (telkom) but if you're having problems on your side there must be a problem with the hosts.

:hairpull:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » July 26, 2005, 4:48 pm

PORL wrote:
i think what you mean is 'i don't know porl at all but one time he posted on an internet forum and i didn't like it so i better base all my opinions on that'. i could be wrong though :)

No I think what he means is you are a fuck. A number of your posts reveal you are ignorant, a racist and a generally annoying fuck. Many of us think you are a fuck.

Secondly I nominate Some random shrub person who comes here alot as a moderator, eg: Rob, Clint etc. You decide.

I think freedom of speech is massively important. How would we have known what a fuck Porl is if we hadn't let him shoot his mouth off about everything.

I second Chris' nomination.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 26, 2005, 4:57 pm

you're just saying that because you hate white people. DX

chris' nomination has been noted. he does come here quite often, so that is a plus. my only concern is that he never actually does any moderation, besides word censors.

i'm not going to choose one of the mech shrub guys for mod, since you (warren) fulfill that role perfectly, so as long as everyone else is happy i'll put you forward.

i'm also of a mind to make sure porl stays as a mod, just because you all take him so seriously.

anyways, all these changes and things will be done by friday when the next upgrade happens.

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo » July 26, 2005, 7:19 pm

Rebel Pope wrote: Secondly I nominate Some random shrub person who comes here alot as a moderator, eg: Rob, Clint etc. You decide.
thanks warren, but i don't think i'd have the time.
.matt wrote: i'm not going to choose one of the mech shrub guys for mod, since you (warren) fulfill that role perfectly, so as long as everyone else is happy i'll put you forward.
i concur.
.matt wrote:i'm also of a mind to make sure porl stays as a mod, just because you all take him so seriously.
i hope this is a joke. if not, i predict a riot.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

KGH
Gay As Hell

Post by KGH » July 27, 2005, 7:57 am

Yesterday was my day for not being able to get onto Oddville. Blaming Telkom again?

Mojo wrote:
.matt wrote:i'm also of a mind to make sure porl stays as a mod, just because you all take him so seriously.
i hope this is a joke. if not, i predict a riot.

Masterb for mod?

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 27, 2005, 8:52 am

i'm not kidding about porl. he doesn't take himself seriously, so i don't know why you guys do.

anyway, we have three modnoms

chris - general
porl - general
warren - mech shrub

i am also making marco an administrator.

i'm pretty happy about these, although as i said before it will be important that they actually moderate.

BadBoy
Penis Fancier

Post by BadBoy » July 27, 2005, 8:57 am

dunno part of the appeal of this place was the hands off moderattion
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons cos u r crunchy and taste good with mustard

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » July 27, 2005, 9:06 am

I agree. Most places are moderation heavy and that sucks. You have borne the brunt more than once of editing and moving peoples posts and them refusing to ever use oddville again? Remember that time i moved your post and you took away all my privledges?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 27, 2005, 9:25 am

i understand your concerns. i agree with your opinion that less moderation is good, and maybe i'm not being too clear with what i mean.

the main problem is threads not being made where they are supposed to be, and deliberate off-topic conversation. in the first case, i don't have the time to check every thread and see if it's in the right category, and in the second i just need people who won't allow a thread to degrade because one or two people don't like it.

so i guess what i'm saying is that this isn't going to be a police state, i just need help keeping things running smoothly 8)

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » July 27, 2005, 9:31 am

Anything you say

HITLER

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 27, 2005, 9:33 am

you promised me some jews and i'm not seeing any jews here soldier

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy » July 27, 2005, 10:17 am

What do administrators do?

Nothing I hope....? :whistle:
.Matt wrote:you are all so wise. and unspeakably revolting, of course.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » July 27, 2005, 10:32 am

actually, quite a lot. but your position will be just one of overseeing eye to make sure i don't treat anyone like a dick.

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff » July 27, 2005, 11:57 am

in other words, you are merely a facade of power. All while matt can do what the fuck he wants and how the fuck he wants and then everyone will think its justice because there is some sort of fake Democratic system in power.