Oddville Is Moving

HALP PLAESE ODDVILLE IS DYING TRANSFER 50 DOLLARS INTO MY PAUYPAL ACCOUNT PLZ THX!! GOD BLES
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Oddville Is Moving

Post by Tenacious B » September 20, 2005, 9:57 am

as from the first week of next month, oddville will be moving to a brand new host.

this means a couple of things:

1. the forum and site will be down for a while. longer for some of you than others, but hey, that's the internet.
2. when it comes back up, things will be broken. i can guarantee this. i will, however, try to get things fixed as soon as i can.
3. some things will remain broken. this is either because i cannot fix them, because i am too lazy to fix them, or they will fix themselves after a while.

besides these points, things should be pretty transparent to y'all.

however, any of you with oddville email addresses will need to save anything that you want to keep, because those email addresses are going bye-bye. they'll be set up again on a case-by-case basis, but for the next couple of weeks they're gone.

also, chess will be down for a while while the ck.oddville.net domain migrates. once again, the speed of this is dependent on the internet. speaking of which, chris, you will need to take your own backups of ck.oddville.net - i don't have the bandwidth.

ok, any questions ask away. i'll try to make this as painless as possible.
Last edited by Tenacious B on November 22, 2005, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » September 20, 2005, 10:02 am

:(

Will do my own backups.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't know what i will do without chess though...... i may kill something.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.