Forum Maintenance 12/10

HALP PLAESE ODDVILLE IS DYING TRANSFER 50 DOLLARS INTO MY PAUYPAL ACCOUNT PLZ THX!! GOD BLES
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Forum Maintenance 12/10

Post by Tenacious B » October 12, 2004, 4:14 pm

firstly, hello everyone please make yourselves comfortable this won't take long.

ok. for general housecleaning in the forum, i will be adding a new category for funny threads that aren't so shit they need to go in chris' anus. stuff like mark's bike thread, which is pretty funny and deserves to be seen by people who don't dare go into the anus.

this category needs a name, i am taking suggestions here.

second, i will be deleting the LOGD forum. no one uses it anymore, and besides that i will be deleting the LOGD game from the server at the end of week. this is mainly because no one plays it, which is also mainly because it wasn't much fun.

thoughts on the above will be most welcome.

finally, the points comepetition will end on friday. remember, this time round it is the person who earned the most points as well as the person who donated the most points, so you can win either way.

although i must say it seems as if chris has both categories tied up.

however, i must point out that i will not be counting donations due to betting or just random giveaways. i can see what donations are given for, so chris getting 10 000 points for a won bet will not count.

that is all.

fuck you guys you don't know me

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » October 12, 2004, 4:30 pm

I think betting makes the points more fun and as i have stated on numerous occasions i believe the points should represent yen or the zim dollar.

And you can try and stop us but if you ban betting we will just go underground. You won't even know it is happening it just will happen. Money will just appear and disappear like in match fixing.

I think that we should keep logd as i believe that timmy uses it quite often and that if you hadlistened to any of my suggestions it would have been more fun. Monsters like old breasts and weapons like the apartheid regime would have added that SA content and spiced it up a bit. Having said that i don't think i will ever play Logd again so do what you will.

I think we should have competitions to win points like best photoshop pic of the week gets 10 000 points or best joke of the week or funniest post of the week or whatever.

Also i think we should get more than 25 points for posting as this is a putrid and pathetic amount.

Finally if one were underhanded and shady in ones thinking one may just start a million threads each earning 100 points thereby securing oneself 1 billion points. Just a thought.

Thank you and good day.

From the desk of CeeK
E & OE
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

chemicallymark
Gay As Hell

Post by chemicallymark » October 12, 2004, 5:07 pm

Ceek wrote:Finally if one were underhanded and shady in ones thinking one may just start a million threads each earning 100 points thereby securing oneself 1 billion points. Just a thought.
Actually you would only secure yourself 100 million. A billion is a 1000 million.

Call the forum thingy:

This is Funny Shit

That is all :)

:chainsaw:
I will bid farewell, sever the ties.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » October 13, 2004, 9:21 am

Ceek wrote:I think betting makes the points more fun and as i have stated on numerous occasions i believe the points should represent yen or the zim dollar.
it really doesn't fucking make a difference, chris. surely you're not saying that if the points were actually make-believe yen you would be happier? because that<b>[I AM TOO STUPID TO USE AN APOSTROPHE]</b>s just weird, and a little sad.
Ceek wrote:And you can try and stop us but if you ban betting we will just go underground. You won't even know it is happening it just will happen. Money will just appear and disappear like in match fixing.
i'm not stopping you bet. you can bet as much as you want. i may even bet. but points won in bets won't count towards the weekly competition, dig?
Ceek wrote:I think that we should keep logd as i believe that timmy uses it quite often and that if you hadlistened to any of my suggestions it would have been more fun. Monsters like old breasts and weapons like the apartheid regime would have added that SA content and spiced it up a bit. Having said that i don't think i will ever play Logd again so do what you will.

even if i had made those changes (which would have been a lot of effort), the lack of lays made you stop playing. since i couldn't code lays in, and even the guys who made the game laughed at the suggestion, lays just had to stay out. you guys don't play anymore, tim hasn't been online forever, and its taking up database and disk space. it's going.
Ceek wrote:I think we should have competitions to win points like best photoshop pic of the week gets 10 000 points or best joke of the week or funniest post of the week or whatever.

great idea. please make a thread about how we could do it and possible ideas. i expect you to moderate most competitions.
Ceek wrote:Also i think we should get more than 25 points for posting as this is a putrid and pathetic amount.

i don't really understand. we all get the same amount. its not towards some higher goal. so what if we get 25 points, or 2.5 points, or 250 points? unless you can show me some mathematical evidence that the current points systems in unfair/useless.
Ceek wrote:Finally if one were underhanded and shady in ones thinking one may just start a million threads each earning 100 points thereby securing oneself 1 billion points. Just a thought.

well, if they were GOOD threads, then yes, you would earn lots of points. you see, that<b>[I AM TOO STUPID TO USE AN APOSTROPHE]</b>s the idea of points, to encourage good threads. however, if they were shit threads, moderators would just delete them, and you would lose all the points for those threads. so i don't really see your point.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » October 13, 2004, 9:28 am

One does not lose points when moderator delete threads. i just tested it.

25 points is useless and insignficant in terms of the 30 000 for example that you have mind you i suppose if there were more points for posts then you would have more points still so you make a good point there.

Betting should count towards the comp as it makes it more fun and changes things around a bit.

Yes i would like it more if we had imaginary yen or Zim dollaz. Otherwise if the points were colled something fun and original like OddPoints or something that would be better.

Good call on the calculation Harris - damn engineers (notice how matt and i just accepted the calculation) and to correct my earlier statement if you made 10million threads you would have a billion points.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » October 13, 2004, 9:40 am

Ceek wrote:One does not lose points when moderator delete threads. i just tested it.
no but you as a mod get the ability to remove however many points you want. so if the guy makes 10 shit threads and gets 1000 points, then you just delete the threads, remove 1000 points from him, and then another 500 for being a fuck.
Ceek wrote:25 points is useless and insignficant in terms of the 30 000 for example that you have mind you i suppose if there were more points for posts then you would have more points still so you make a good point there.
well we need to reach an agreement here. i'm happy with the current system, but if someone can convince me, go ahead.
Ceek wrote:Betting should count towards the comp as it makes it more fun and changes things around a bit.
not only will only some people use it, how will it "change things around"? sorry, but i still feel that although you can use points as you want them, the forum comp will only count earned and donated points.
Ceek wrote:Yes i would like it more if we had imaginary yen or Zim dollaz. Otherwise if the points were colled something fun and original like OddPoints or something that would be better.
while i am partial to oddpoints, i still feel its not such a huge problem. once again, i am open to being convinced.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » October 13, 2004, 9:51 am

while i am partial to oddpoints, i still feel its not such a huge problem. once again, i am open to being convinced.
I think i am the only one who cares so therefore i win by a majority of 1-0 on all counts. Maybe we could have a thread dedicated to finding the perfect name for the oddville points?

not only will only some people use it, how will it "change things around"? sorry, but i still feel that although you can use points as you want them, the forum comp will only count earned and donated points.
Well as you and i are the only peps who can assign points we therefore basically control the whole outcome of the competition each time. We cannot control who wins the bets and thus it "changes things around a bit". Especially as nobody really donates points anyway (except me, hein, neil maybe some others).

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B » October 13, 2004, 10:05 am

you're not convincing me on either point, buddy. maybe if you could drum up some support...i don't know.

for now, things stay.

chemicallymark
Gay As Hell

Post by chemicallymark » October 13, 2004, 12:19 pm

Ceek wrote:Especially as nobody really donates points anyway (except me, hein, neil maybe some others).
i have donated. :)

Sqasl
Fag

Post by Sqasl » October 14, 2004, 12:08 am

well they can't just be called points. the forum categories are all new and shiny (nicely done, by the way), and points need a new name, too. um...

goddamn - we got new emoticons too! :thumbsup:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » October 14, 2004, 1:41 pm

Call them warren's sick sexual fetishes in a condom, that way whenever someone gets points it will say, Congratulations you got 25 warren's sick sexual fetishes in a condom for that post.

By the way I have noticed my prediliction for this form of humour and I don't care, in fact I like it.

chemicallymark
Gay As Hell

Post by chemicallymark » October 15, 2004, 2:17 pm

Forum Maintenance 12/10
I just realised that the 12/10 was the date, I thought Matt was rating his effort towards his maintenance of the forum :)

hahahhahaha