World Cup Warm-Up Games

no noodles
Fag

World Cup Warm-Up Games

Post by no noodles » March 6, 2007, 8:30 am

Whoo... close one for the boys against Ireland...

England smashed Bermuda but check the Bermudan bowler...
Attachments
72427_1.jpg
72427_1.jpg (10.88 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
grraaargh

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B » March 6, 2007, 8:45 am

apparently his nickname is "sluggo" or something.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » March 6, 2007, 9:09 am

"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch » March 6, 2007, 11:08 am

It's all good - we've got the collapse out of our system, Hall's shown some form with the bat and Langeveld with the ball.

Anyway - making any judgements at this point is crazy, just as it's crazy saying we're 'going' to win the cup.

Support the guys, be patriotic and be confident - but don't 'expect' a wc trophy.

I believe we have a very good team capable of winning the world cup - but so do 3/4 others.

let's enjoy the competition and may the Proteas entertain and, gods willing, win.
Last edited by Mitch on March 6, 2007, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

The Third Man
Fag

Post by The Third Man » March 6, 2007, 11:08 am

Australian-born fast bowlers Dave Langford-Smith and Trent Johnston shared seven wickets to hold the South Africans to their mediocre total.
It's that unwritten rule that we have to be rubbish against anyone from Australia. Not good news for the 24th.
"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
- Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » March 7, 2007, 3:27 pm

Well we're not the only team that looks shaky. How's this for a start:

http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/Cric ... 86,00.html

Also while i won't be staking my emotional security on the world cup i am quietly confidant that SA will win it....provided we can get past the hosts.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

The Third Man
Fag

Post by The Third Man » March 7, 2007, 4:08 pm

Well, as long as your emotional security is safe then. Wouldn't want to fool with that.

Apparently (in an article on CricInfo that I can't find anymore) Ian Chappell dismisses South Africa as "one dimensional" (presumably due to a lack of both a world-class spinner and a side descended from prison colonists). He tips Australia, NZ, the Windies and India/Sri Lanka for the semi-finals.
"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

no noodles
Fag

Post by no noodles » March 7, 2007, 4:19 pm

Bloody Aussies... Think they know everything there is to know about cricket... each and everyone of them needs a kick in the balls.
grraaargh

The Third Man
Fag

Post by The Third Man » March 7, 2007, 4:30 pm

Seems fair. Everyone with an aussie at their place of work... you know what to do.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » March 7, 2007, 4:34 pm

The Third Man wrote:Well, as long as your emotional security is safe then. Wouldn't want to fool with that.

Apparently (in an article on CricInfo that I can't find anymore) Ian Chappell dismisses South Africa as "one dimensional" (presumably due to a lack of both a world-class spinner and a side descended from prison colonists). He tips Australia, NZ, the Windies and India/Sri Lanka for the semi-finals.
Well you know how fragile I can be....

Secondly I applaud the fact that Chappel at least chose four teams to make the semis. Wisden had this to say about who would be competing come the end of the tournament in their predictions section:

India: Anything less than a semi-final will be a dissapointment...Get them on a roll and nothing will stop them"

Sri-Lanka: "..that makes Sri Lanka one of the heavy favourites to contest the business end of the tournament"

New Zealand: "..will ease into the super eights and probably do enough to reach the semi-finals"

England: "...they could well make it to the final four"

Pakistan: "their talent and worldcup record alone warrant a semi-final place"

West-Indies: "Semi-finals at the very least. If the reach the finals they'll win it"

Australia: "It will take a brave man to bet against Ponting's men defending their title"

South Africa: "Nothing less than a semi-final will do...from there it depends on which players are ready to stand up and be counted"

So the way wisden predicts it, there will be 8 semi-finalists in this tournament, with only england likely to maybe not make it.
- Jimmy Carr

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » March 7, 2007, 4:39 pm

For the record I think Australia will make the semis ahead of New Zealand but here is the brave, prayed for, prediction I will stand by in all bar arguments to come for the rest of time:

New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies and Sri-Lanka

From there it depends on who plays who in the semis. SA will go through unless they play West Indies and Sri Lanka should join them there unless of course they are knocked out by SA in which case it will be an SA vs Windies final.
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » March 7, 2007, 6:35 pm

Good prediction. SA Windies final would be sublime joy.

Whoop whoop. Damn i love cricket!!!

I recon we are goingto do pretty well. Don't read too much into this un-televised meaningless nothing of a game. Good work by Hall and Peterson though.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

tetrahc
Penis Fancier

Post by tetrahc » March 7, 2007, 8:14 pm

The Third Man wrote:Well, as long as your emotional security is safe then. Wouldn't want to fool with that.

descended from prison colonists? wtf! perhaps someone should buy that descendant of prison colonists a fucking history book!
You're traveling through another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B » March 8, 2007, 9:21 am

Ceek wrote: I recon we are goingto do pretty well. Don't read too much into this un-televised meaningless nothing of a game. Good work by Hall and Peterson though.
i wasn't aware that only televised matches counted. ;)

that said, i see no reason why we couldn't lift the trophy.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon » March 8, 2007, 9:25 am

As for THAT warmup game ... I see it as a team of 2 beat the Irish full strength side. Not bad. Wonder which two they'll pick to pummel the Paki's, before politely asking all 11 to please play for the games where it actually matters.
They float. They always flooaaatttt ....

tetrahc
Penis Fancier

Post by tetrahc » March 8, 2007, 10:36 am

heheh it'll probably only take a one man team to skin the dutchies alive on the 16th. Strangely enough I'm really looking forward to that game. I'm going to enjoy reading about it and following the cricinfo live commentary more than I've ever enjoyed seeing us win a proper tightly contested game against the ausies, live...
You're traveling through another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly » March 8, 2007, 11:19 am

Am so pumped for this world cup - I think I may need to change my pants!
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek » March 8, 2007, 12:21 pm

Players don't take untelevised games seriously because they are not going to be scrutinised in the same way they would if the game was televised. It was more stating the case that the game wasn't taken seriously than stating untelevised games are not worthy.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.