Australia again?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Australia again?

Post by Rebel Pope » April 21, 2007, 11:44 am

After watching the hideous pounding administered to New Zealand by the Aussies I am left with an even stronger feeling that South Africa is this tournament's only hope. If i believed in gods of any kind i would pray to them that we win the toss and bat first in the semi so we can knowck those smug Australian shit heads out of the world cup. I am so sick of them winning. If we don't expect an Aussie accented victory speech no doubt. (I also hope Charl has an inswinging yorker on the middle stump with Matthew Hayden's name on it, in his opening spell).
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly » April 22, 2007, 9:44 am

sad thing is if the Aussies don't win< i might actually feel that the best team did not win in the end.
Yes, I will be happen; but the Aussies truly have outplayed, outclassed and outwitted all the other teams.

Bastards!
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch » April 23, 2007, 9:40 am

If we knock them out in the semis we can call them chokers!

If we win, the tournament would actually match the 1999 tournament in a lot of ways (if memory serves...) :

- SA were favourites and went into the semi's practically unbeaten (we lost to Aus in the last group stage)

- Aus lost a few games and were forced to win their last game of the group stages to qualify

- Aus then went and beat us in the semi's and won the final

Maybe we can hope for the reverse of this this year?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Biskit
Penis Fancier

Post by Biskit » April 23, 2007, 9:51 am

there's nothing wrong with optimism and wishful thinking!

fingers crossed that that scenario plays itself out!
What would .Matt do?

The Third Man
Fag

Post by The Third Man » April 23, 2007, 10:58 am

The gods Warren doesn't believe in are rubbing all our pre-tounament "anyone but the aussies" hopes in our faces.

Australia haven't even had a close game yet, they've just thrashed everybody with ease.

Perhaps if we can bat first and put them under some pressure...
"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
- Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope » April 23, 2007, 11:26 am

Didn't we lose to Zimbabwe in 1999?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch » April 23, 2007, 11:57 am

Yup,

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc2007/c ... 64393.html
Early running
Australia, the favourites, struggled, losing to Pakistan and New Zealand, and thereafter needed to win every game to avoid elimination. However, their match against West Indies was a coordinated farce, with the complex points system persuading Australia to aim for a narrow win to ensure both of them went through at New Zealand's expense - at one stage, chasing a paltry 111, Australia scored 12 runs in 10 overs. England, with home advantage, were surprisingly eliminated, mainly because Zimbabwe sprung two major upsets, defeating India and South Africa, while Sri Lanka, the holders, never remotely looked like staging anything resembling a meaningful defence. Bangladesh's defeat of Pakistan in a dead rubber sparked justified celebrations ... but deep suspicion has since been cast over the result.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly » April 23, 2007, 1:45 pm

Damnit Bangladesh in the mix again back then.
So was their victory over Pakistan then match-fixing or just a example of things to come ala their victories over India and SA?
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week