The most fatal world cup?

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

The most fatal world cup?

Post by Paelleon » April 23, 2007, 1:13 pm

I'm starting to get a bit dizzy. First Woolmer is killed. That was unacceptable and unpredictable, but it was also a one in a lifetime event.

This tournament has also seen:

End of careers (players): Glenn McGrath, Brian Lara, Ian Bradshaw, Inzamam Ul Haq
End of careers (coaches): Duncan Fletcher, John Buchanan, Bennet King, Adrian Birrel, Greg Chappell
Change of career (coaches): Dave Whatmore
Temporary (or is it?) dropping: Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virendar Sehwag

Did I miss anyone?
They float. They always flooaaatttt ....

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly » April 23, 2007, 1:43 pm

It's crazy, but it's a changing of the guard.
Esp the Indian and Paki teams, they have been riding on those old players/reputations for fucking ages.

Not that Inzi actually looked to be that out of touch (ala Tendulkar and Sehwag)
pity to see Lara go though.

Just thinking, can you imagine the heights Lara and Tendulkar could/would have achieved if they hadn't been saddled with the teams that they had when they were really at the top of their game.
I think that's part of the reason why Ponting, Hayden and Gilchrist are such brutal batsmen - they have comfort in the knowledge that they can play their game and that the strength of the other players in the team can see them through whatever happens.
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week

no noodles
Fag

Post by no noodles » April 25, 2007, 9:31 am

One more, I believe Fleming is retiring as the Black Caps captain. That's really sad. At least he isn't pulling out of cricket though.
grraaargh

theonetheonly
Penis Fancier

Post by theonetheonly » April 25, 2007, 1:12 pm

Russel Arnold has announced his retirement after the world cup final.
Born helpless, nude and unable to provide for himself, the poster eventually overcame these handicaps to become the man of the hour, the soup of the day and the freak of the week